Who will Benefit?
We help couples who typically are in crisis and need more than the traditional one hour a week session. We assist couples heal from deep hurts, loss of love, broken trust, and the pain of unresolved issues.
The Intensive is a very powerful format in marriage counseling for helping couples move past the barriers that keep them from experiencing the marriage they had hoped for. Sustained work over three days allows the couple, with the help of skilled therapists, to go deep enough to get to the root issues thwarting their relationship.
The key elements:
1. At least twenty-one hours of marriage counseling with a team of
two skilled counselors.
2. The Intensive delivery is tailored to the couple.
3. A safe, supportive, and encouraging environment.
4. A Christian worldview and atmosphere.
5. The Intensive format offers more occasions for focus and
6. A participant manual and follow up services with a marriage
Intensives provide a chance to change course in life.
Is it Right for You?
This is right for people who are in marriage crisis. They may already be separated with the intention of divorcing. These are couples who are very discouraged, exhausted after trying counseling, and have found they cannot make any progress. The Intensive is a final effort to save their marriage.
On the other hand, couples also come who are generally succeeding in their marriages, but who have long-standing issue(s) they cannot seem to resolve. The Intensive is also appropriate for couples that are at a major transition in their lives and may be resetting their course as “empty nesters,” or upon retirement.
Couples leave with a clear sense of what got them to this place in their marriage, how to get unstuck and remain free from their past unhealthy patterns, and what skills and insights they will need to have the growing and satisfying marriage they have always wanted.
The Intensive Program would NOT be appropriate:
1. If there is currently a substance addiction, the individual would need to complete a rehabilitation program before entering our program in order for the Intensive to be truly effective.
2. If there is currently an extra-marital affair, the program simply will not be especially helpful. The program effectiveness depends on two individuals who are focusing on the marriage. The affair must be cut off and both partners must be focused and committed to the marital relationship.
The Intensive will help if you want to–
• Understand your marriage and how you and your spouse got to
where you are
• Understand how and why your argument cycle keeps you
• Learn how to talk from your hearts about your fears, hurts, needs
• Begin a journey of healing past hurts, including attachment
injuries, infidelity and betrayals
• Begin to see each other differently as you build trust and
• Learn new ways to communicate and relate to one another
• Learn to grow and foster a safe haven where each feels loved,
cared for and understood
• Talk about and resolve perpetual problems in more constructive
Experience shows that the Intensive is beneficial for those who come with an open and willing spirit. The Intensive is often viewed as a miracle by those who come with positive expectancy!
We do not file for insurance. We will give you the paperwork so you can file your claim. Many insurance providers will not pay for the cost of an intensive. The cost for the intensive is $1,890.00.
Tuscaloosa Christian Counseling
519 Energy Center Blvd.
Energy Center Office Park, Suite 1103
Northport, AL 35473